POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : car seats : Re: car seats Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: car seats
From: St
Date: 26 Feb 2006 13:39:37
Message: <4401f5e9@news.povray.org>
> I also attach the wings model if you want to look at it.

   Thanks. That helped a lot Scott.

> Any advice on what I've done wrong (and more usefully how to fix it!)
> would be great.

    Ok, for some reason, you have 2 vertices pointing to one vertex (many
times) from when you mirrored your seat - this will give artifacts. Funny
thing is, I thought you meant the 'arms' of the seat in your original
image... ;o)

  Follow this method and everything will be fine.

   Look through Z on your model. Select 'Faces' on the upper bar, > select
all the faces to the right or left of Z, > right click > extract region >
move it along X out of the way of the original model, > delete original
model, > select the whole model, (last pyramid on bar), > move model to Z
line, (profile face in line with Z line > select Faces, > select the face
that you want to mirror, > MIRROR. You will have only one line now in the
centre of your model, not two.

   That should do it. It seems like it's a whole lot of hassle, but it isn't
really. Takes a couple of minutes at most.

     If I've missed something, give me a shout.  :o)

     ~Steve~